Our Texans have been on fire this season which is more reason NOT to miss any more games! Tailgating always enhances the experience that much more but let’s be honest, sh** can happen when alcohol and football fans come together. In case of a disaster, here are 5 tailgating accidents that could be covered by your homeowner insurance:
1. You accidentally burn your car with the grill. Like if you set it up too close, or you put it back in the trunk while it’s still hot. If you have comprehensive car insurance, you’re probably covered.
2. An opposing fan vandalizes your car. Most comprehensive car insurance policies cover vandalism. So if someone breaks a window . . . rips off a side mirror . . . or keys the side of your car, you’re probably covered.
3. You undercook the food, and give all your friends food poisoning. Their medical bills might be covered by your homeowners or renters insurance. Those types of policies usually include personal liability insurance, and not just when you’re at home.
4. You damage someone else’s property. Like if you’re throwing a football, and it knocks over their grill. Again, if you have homeowners insurance, you might be covered. Or if you break their NOSE with the football, that might be covered too.
5. You hit a parked car. If you dent another tailgater’s vehicle your car insurance should cover the rest.
Happy tailgating & GO TEXANS!